On Saturday 09 March 2019 15:45:57 bari wrote:

> http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali
>
> This is good news if you want a totally open source system using many
> of the Allwinner or Rockchop multicore ARM SOC's for Linuxcnc.
>
> Needs no funny binary blob like the Rpi for boot ot GPU.
>
> -Bari

Typical, too little, too late. The rock64 is probably sold out 6 months
ago, and the rockchip-pro has replaced it. But haveing bought the
rochchip koolaid, I'll not waste any more $ until they are willing to
release some of the build tools.  But so far, those have been top secret
and apparently proprietary, questions ignored, so I've not been able to
do anything with what acts like a fine & 20x speedier rpi3, with 4GB of
ram for 10 bucks more than the rpi kit.  So now its me with the wait and
see attitude.