><Greg
Possible new feature request – a package file.
Not long ago there was discussion on “conversational”programming. Hurco owns
the trademark on the term “Conversational Programming”and has made more money
suing competitors for using that term than buildingmachine tools. Even so, I
found the Hurco Ultimax II conversational control tobe outstanding for most 2 ½
D type machine programming needs. I have used FanucFAPT, Okuma IMAP, and
Mazatrol, and none of these came remotely close.
One great feature that Ultimax included was that it savedthe part setup
offsets, parameter table and all the tool data with each partprogram. The tool
data included cutter geometry type, cutter dia., cutter materialtype, SFPM,
default RPM and spindle direction, Z height offset, and Coolantmode. I was
wondering if there could be a way to generate a “package file” (TAR ? ) That
would have the G-code file, Tool table, and variable table allunder the parent
g-code file name.
I know that upon reading/loading such a package file somedata would need to be
stripped out and discarded as obsolete and currentmachine state would take
precedence. Things like ATC state etc. Also either onsave or load it would need
to read the Primary G-code file and all sub programsto determine which G54-G59
offsets were in use in the program and not disturboffsets not in use.
I know this feature adds bloat to the storage file system,but HDD space is dirt
cheap. I know some MasterCAM posts insert tooling comments which can be very
helpful. I used to include the entire tooling list and complete part setup info
after the M2 in OKUMA OSP *.MIN files as the control never tried to read past
an M2. On FANUC systems I put comment blocks between the M30 and the final EOF
%.

/Greg