On Wednesday 27 March 2019 16:39:10 Gene Heskett wrote:

> While trying to get a reverse control over this POS, I noted that the
> default was reversed, so I traded the 2 U & V wires to the motor to
> make it run fwd.
>
> This is toward the end of March, but as of this afternoon its default,
> can't change it w/o moving UV again, is now its running bass ackwards
> again.
>
> Then, I note after I had unplugged the hoses from the pump in order to
> re-route them thru the new cable chains, that the pump wasn't.  Power
> is being switched on queue..
>
> Pull pump out of water, note its slightly warm. Made sure power was
> off and popped the end covers, discover its a PM armature with pretty
> strong cogging. Put front cover back on as its also the front bearing.
>  Apply power, and 8 or 10 pokes at turning it, It takes off again. Its
> not stiff or dragging. Stop AC to it, stops, start it, runs. Several
> times. So obviously it can't be trusted.
>
> I've a mind to just order another pump and a vfd.  I am plumb sick of
> screwing with this documentless piece of Chinese shit vfd. I want to
> actually USE it before I fall over...

I found a 110 volt 3hp vfd on fleabay for a good price, but ATM there is
NOT a single 110 volt submersible spindle coolant pump listed.

Everything they show has 220 on its makers label, but the only label on
this one says 110 volts & looks like it came from a brother labelmaker.
The instant you mention 110 volt, fleabay thinks its looking at 500 hp
Western Roller irrigation pumps or the like.  Only weigh a ton or so.
Water a square mile of irrigated land from a 36" hole into the Morrison
Acquifier, now damned near dry and 700+ feet down. 300 could reach it in
the early 70's.

Damn I wish fleabay actually had a search engine.