On 04/19/2019 09:55 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
I'm doing that now, for big ER's in that sheldon, but I had the G0704 spindle in mind, I've developed an abiding hate for R8's and their tool slippage.
Hmmm, I've never had tool slippage with R8 end mill holders. I HAVE had slippage on a few occasions using collets in the R8. So, except in unusual circumstances, I ALWAYS put end mills in an R8 holder, instead of a collet. When it did slip, I'm pretty sure I didn't tighten the collet enough, or maybe there was a little chip in there that crushed out, loosening the collet.

Jon