On Saturday 27 April 2019 08:29:59 TJoseph Powderly wrote:

> I'm in the boonies and need to scrape somethings flat.
>
> Permatex prussian blue is hard to get.
>
> But when googling,I always hit upon
> Winsor Newton Winton Oil 1414538 Prussian Blue 37ml
>
> It's an oil paint in a tube
> (think Van Gogh's Starry Night )
>
> I found some at a local book store that has art supplies,
> It works great!
>
> a box of black nitrile gloves,
> and a 50x80cm slab of grey granite from a kitchen remodeler shop,
> ( a real deal, very flat and was a cut off , cost me 300Baht so about
> 10$ ) and I got real scraping!
>
> I had tried several home brews that failed
> (lip stick, and magic marker with vaseline goop)
>
> This stuff is really easy to see.
> the granite plate charges and stays for many imprints.
>
> hope this helps someone
>
> tomp

Thanks TomP, I have asked at NAPA stores here, and got that raised
eyebrow treatment like I was speaking Navajo or Swabili...

Good to know, msg marked FFR.

Most of my stuff is well worn in ( or out :), or too finely finished, so
stiction is a much bigger problem than it is when things are properly
scraped so an oil film has a place to hide.