On Wednesday 01 May 2019 14:56:05 theman whosoldtheworld wrote:

> sorry, but you try to have 1 Lcnc machine + 2 pc with rtethernet for
> control Lcnc? It is real necessary? Or you have 2 or more different
> Lcnc pc tat counicate each other with rtethrnet?

Sorry, wrong impression. I have 4 cnc machines, 3 of which are running
wheezy, with the 4th, a pi3b running raspian jessie actually running the
biggest machine.and this is my office/email/everything else machine.
Its rt latency is in the hundreds of millseconds, so theres no chance it
will ever move heavy iron.  But I do like to run the same distro on all
machines. I am also a CET, and a retired radio-television broadcast
engineer, and that first install is intended to be the display for a
red-pitaya, running its Vector Network Analyzer code to draw a smith
chart of an AM broadcast tower, showing its impedance and reactance vs
frequency so that intelligent adjustments can be made to reduce the
power it reflects back to the transmitter. The transmitter is designed
to send the power, not absorb a good percentage of it because the
antenna is out of tune and not radiating the power it receives.
There /were/, 35 years ago, old radio engineers that made a nice living
at 1500$ a day to make all those measurements with an equally elderly
General Radio RF Bridge.  But they've all died off and no one has taken
their place.  I'm a member of a dying breed, and I've BTDT many places.
My oldest son and last surviving child of my first wife who had a stroke
and died at 34 yo, managed to write the final chapter of both a Kia
sedan and himself 3 years back, and while I was in Nebraska for
services, I stayed with my youngest Son by my 2nd wife.  He does service
repairs on electronics gear from atomic power plants.

I went to work with him the next day as my flight home was another day
yet, and as he was introducing me to his employer, said that "any
building I was in, I was the smartest one in the building."  And said it
with a straight face.  I guess I've impressed him a time or 2.

But did you ever have one of "those" days?  I had to rent a hoe and dig
up my yard last fall and replace a water line, doing at my age,
everything but the hoe operation. Walking out to check the mail this
afternoon, the grass, which was just starting to heal, was squishy over
the end of the repair, and the meter is showing a faster leak than It
was last fall.  And the city has put in so many permits and rules that
no one in the city with a hoe has put the key in the switch in 3 or 4
years, they can't afford to.  So I've got to rent a piece of junk, find
an operator to make the hole while missing the gas line thats against
code but in the same ditch, and then I've got to get down in the ditch
and fix it.

Somehow I've seen there can be another career in doing this antenna
tuning with a new and different computerized bridge that can draw this
chart in 5 to 10 minutes that used to take those guys all night to
gather the data, and half the next day to plot it, making sense out of
the readings.

Theres a saying in my old industry that good engineers are a dying breed,
but at 84, I've beat the odds a wee bit.

This of course doesn't have a /thing/ to do with LCNC.

All told, it wasn't worth the effort to gnaw thru the straps and get up
to make morning water this morning. :(