On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM Nicklas Karlsson <
nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have done calculations there storage cost for generated energy where
> higher than buying new electricity.

I depends on if you have time  of use metering.    Here where I live the
utilty price depends on the time of day.   It used to be power was cheapest
at night and highers in mid afternoon when all the airconditional loads
were active.    But solar power has changed this and now power is chear
when the sun is out.

Batteries if they are cheap enough like the Tesla units can ppay for them
selfs if yo buy power when it is lowset and used it when the price is high.
   But you need very good quality batteries to break even.

One interresting solution is to use an electric car.     Let's say you know
you nedd to drive to work in the moring.  But "work" is only 20 miles round
trip.   You can get there on a 10% charge.    So you charge the car durring
the day and then use the car to power the house while beibg carfule to
leave about 10% still inthe battery so you can get to work in the moring.
This works if you already own an electric car.

lastly, in 10 to 20 years there will be an over supply of used electric car
batteries that are no longer suitable for use in tha car.   A dozen of
these used battries would be perfect for a house   Tesla is selling 500K
cars per year now and VW is building a factory to make 600K and Tesla is
planning a second factory.   We shall soon see over  a million per years.
Then in 10 years we will have that many old batteries to salvageevery
year.  They will be cheap

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California