On Sunday 26 May 2019 11:40:59 am John Dammeyer wrote:

> I've started with a fresh 1GB hard drive and set up two partitions.
> One now has WIN-XP and MACH3.  The other is still unformatted and
> ready for LinuxCNC.
>
> How do I install LinuxCNC so the system is dual boot?
>
> Thanks
> John

In a 1GB drive John?  I have doubts it will fit. Its got to be bigger
just for a bare xp install.

120 GB Adata SSD's with sata-III interfaces are $30 at newegg. They will
even work on a usb2 adapter, but the 240GB for another tenner won't,
they need a usb3 port, the ones with the blue insert where the usb2's
are white.

I'd got an older 60GB Kingston SSD in the dell running the G0704.  Linux
only, useing around 15GB of it, full wheezy/linuxcnc install, feels 10x
faster than spinning rust. biggest disadvantage to the dell is it has
only one sata-II port.  Or I'd put a spinning rust on it for swap.