On 6/18/2019 11:20 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
To me, thats a sign they never paid any
attention to the physics when they were in school all those years ago,
but I'm doing it on an 8th grade education that ended in '49.  Gotta
move my ears back a bit to make room for the grin.:)

There are a number of technical areas that have been ignored by schools and there are some huge shortages in talent because of that.

Skilled machinists are only one.   Skilled metal fabricators are hard to find.   Radio transmitter maintenance?  Where would you even go to school to learn that?

I'm doing fine other than working a bit more than I would like for this time of year. I'm not getting any younger and I reach for the bottle of Aleve a lot more than I used to.

I've got a Bridgeport mill waiting for a conversion.   But I need to pour some concrete to set it on. I have an addition on the back of my garage I added years ago and a ground hog (or army of ground hogs) invaded and they have put two tunnels under the floor.  So I'm battling ground hogs for the moment.   I think I found the fix after much searching.  Ammonia poured in the holes will drive them out and keep them out... I have been told...  nothing else worked.  They ignored live traps loaded with tasty food.  They are extremely wary.

Dave