On 10/29/2019 08:45 PM, R C wrote:
Hello all,

I thought I'd try linuxcnc, and see howthat works.

(I have a paxton/patterson mill and lathe that I haven't used in forever).

I downloaded the linuxcnc iso and burned a disc, however it seems it wants another CD , or from what I read have Ubuntu or so installed?

Check the size of the iso file, it may need to be burned to a DVD.
I saw Ubuntu 10.04 mentioned, but isn't that somewhat old?

This is an old release, there are newer releases based on a Debian distro.

See :  http://www.linuxcnc.org/downloads/

I don't see ANY Ubuntu releases on there. And, the iso files are over 1 GB, so they won't fit on a CD.

Jon