On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 07:58, Rafael Skodlar <ra...@linwin.com> wrote:

> that's precisely why I was hinting at need for growing up from "parallel
> port" days. Perhaps discuss how SATA, PCIe, M.2 technologies and related
> protocols could be taken advantage of.

LinuxCNC supports a number of PCIe interface cards. All my CNC
machines use them.

>  May I remind you that this is "Python3 year".

Though this is a fair point. Sadly switching LinuxCNC to Python 3 is a
lot less trivial than people assume.

> why push pixels to see what's going on a remote system with RT kernel
> when simple ASCII (JSON?) string can tell you all?

My understanding is that X-forwarding does not push pixels, but rather
window manager commands. This is why the look of the windows is
detrmined by the host PC rather than the remote.

>  What about API to Linux CNC?

There is a very lightweight (and limited one)
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man1/linuxcncrsh.1.html

> Sorry guys, when a response to my email is a real time troll (not
> knowing how particular OS is crippled)

I don't think that the realtime patches to the Linux kernel "cripple"
it. I would argue that they "enhance" it.
Or have I misunderstood?

--
atp
lunatics."