gene,

On 2/12/20 10:38 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 12 February 2020 05:55:34 you wrote:
...<snip>

so make sure you know the full heidenhain part number when hunting
info

that means the full identifier is more than just 1 box on the label )

Yes, I've noted the frustration creation of finding info on the
Heidenhain encoders on the list over the years. Enough that I'd be
reticent to buy them as they seem to have a random number generator in
naming them.

hahaha gene,

its really simple once you read the book "howto identify that heidenhain thingy."

or ask a Heidenhain.

I think there's a lot of stuff posted to inet and ebay etc with serialnumbers as identifiers

tomp

here's the skinny on the id label

you need the product name and identity number