On 02/17/2020 03:20 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

How far apart are they to be to output a good quadrature signal?

Mounting them with JBKwik weld seems to be a lot less forgiving because
its not possible to move them a few thou to fine tune like it was when
using relatively flexible goop.

Well, one sensor should be centered right on a tooth, and the other should be 1/4 of the way off a tooth. The best way to check the phase alignment is to put a 2-channel scope on it and spin the spindle. If you don't like it, then adjust and try again. That's how I did it. First, I was dumb and put one sensor on the tooth and one on the valley. After MANY minutes of confusion, I realized that
was NOT what quadrature meant!

Jon