Hi, new user with a 6i25 trying to get off the ground floor. I've loaded firmware 5abobx2, then run through pncconf. However, when I get to the motor tuning section for an axis I don't see any obvious output on the external parallel port alike connector? I'm using a meter (which has a basic scope type function as well), but I'm seeing nothing happening on pins 2/3 (configured as x axis step/dir)?

Is there some way to debug the 6i25 and confirm it's being assimilated correctly? Is there some utility to set/read pins so I can confirm it's functioning? Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing any output on the connector?

Background: new install on debian 9. Changed the sources to pull in linux-cnc 2.8. Used mesa to load firmware something like 5i25-5abobx2 (yes, the firmware has 5i25, but the card is a 6i25). I see a sensible pin output when I run

/mesaflash/ --device 5i25 --readhmid

I was intending to run this with a green china BOB, mainly because it seems to be close to a drop in replacement for the USB thing that was in my OmioCNC x6 (a slightly better quality 6040 alike). However, at present I'm not seeing any life out of the card, so the bob isn't connected and I'm just probing the output connector for now.

Mesa firmware came from here (6i25 page):

http://store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=58

However, the file name says 5i25.zip is this correct?

Any other thoughts appreciated!

Ed W