On 03/18/2020 02:04 PM, Rafael Skodlar wrote:

Quality of flat cables properties is not always the same. When IDE and SCSI disk drives were top of high tech, there were two types of better flat cables. One kind had a shield on one side, the other had twisted pair wires next to each other. I keep old flat cables around for critical CNC or other embedded use. I cut off unneeded sides in some cases and add new connector.

The twisted-pair ribbon cables are still available today. Given proper assignment of signals to wires, they
offer a great reduction in crosstalk.

Jon