On Friday 27 March 2020 16:04:21 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 27 March 2020 14:39:39 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Apparently has been modified, see snip below from page 812 of the
> current docs, I finally found it with zero help from the index.
>
> > > Great minds, I just thought of adding a module, putting it in the
> > > correct place in the addf order & feeding it from hal but using
> > > its output in the gcode. That syntax '#<_hal[pinname]>' may be the
> > > key to the backwards path I need to actually make it work.
>
> Nope.
>
> > > And a debug statement is all it will take to prove its working.
> > > But that also means the loading of the module will have to be
> > > moved out of the postgui.hal to the initial loadrt's and addf's so
> > > that the modules output exists at the hal scan time, else the
> > > error is that the pin doesn't exist. I can sort that I think as
> > > geany's copy/paste is I think, global.  I think I may have already
> > > done that as postgui.hal is all 'net' statements:
> > >
> > > net       showdist1       <= scale-ovrtrvl.out => ovrtrvl-scaler-mux.in1
> > > net       display-mode    <= units.G21 => ovrtrvl-scaler-mux.sel
> > > setp      scale-ovrtrvl.gain 25.400000
> > > # here, use a scale and a mux2 to select the scale.in for inches,
> > > or the scale.out
> > > # for a mm's conversion.
> > >
> > > So in the gcode:
> > > #<_z_depth> = [#<_hole_depth> - #<_hal[ovrtrvl-scaler-mux.out]>]
>
> And on page 812, I find this example:
> value = hal.get_value("iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in")
> So I'll use that syntax just for S&G.
> Then I noted the dblquotes around the hal-pinname, but now it is an
> unk where a unary could be.  Gonna take more figuring I think.

Now, the actual line from the gcode which should be good
#<_Z_dist>=hal.get_value("ovrtrvl-scaler-mux.out")
That pin is there in hal-showconfig, but lcnc spits it out.

Where have I made a mistake?

I have also noted that the copyright date this freshly pulled and
compiled Documentation.pdf is in June 2019, so it stands to be nearly 9
months out of date.

Thanks again.

 - Louis D. Brandeis