On 05/08/2020 04:04 PM, Dan Henderson wrote:
Thanks Jon and Chris!

Jon do you have a code example of the Hal filter that is needed?
# set up 4th DAC generator as a spindle speed control
newsig spindle-speed float
newsig spindle-DAC-cmd float
newsig spindle-DAC-filt float
newsig spindle-DAC-abs float
linkps motion.spindle-speed-out => spindle-speed
linksp spindle-speed => mult2.1.in0
setp   mult2.1.in1 0.002457
linkps mult2.1.out => spindle-DAC-cmd
linksp spindle-DAC-cmd => lowpass.0.in
linkps lowpass.0.out => spindle-DAC-filt
setp lowpass.0.gain 0.005
linksp spindle-DAC-filt => abs.0.in
linksp spindle-DAC-abs => abs.0.out
linksp spindle-DAC-abs => ppmc.0.DAC.03.value

This is for my PPMC analog boards, but ppmc.0.DAC.03.value is the speed value sent to the drive. lowpass.0.gain is set to 0.005, the name of the pin is a bit odd, as gain is actually what sets the time constant of the filter. You will have to loadrt lowpass and then addf lowpass to the servo_thread

mult2 sets up the speed factor so that the S word gives the right speed.

Jon

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 3:58 PM Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>