On Thursday 14 May 2020 12:12:26 Roland Jollivet wrote:

> Just add a comment at the top referencing a text file where you have
> it all described?

Shirley (or Roland) you jest. It makes far more sense to clutter up your
hal files with comment blocks for function headers that explain that, I
find that I am doing more and more of that as its about the only thing
that makes sense in a reasonable time frame later. But that also gets in
the way of copy/paste stuff as I come up with new functions that then
need copied to the other 3 machines since I'm dealing with two lathes, a
G0704, and a 6040 here. Each of which has its strong points and
gotcha's.  And there's only one of me to track all that. :(  I need a
couple clones, but then I'd have to feed them too.

> On Thu, 14 May 2020 at 06:42, David Berndt <ber...@uberwin.com> wrote:
> > Wondering if anyone cares to share with me a useful naming
> > convention for your signals? Do you also use the name parameters to
> > name your components or do you just stick with and2.0 thru and2.x?
> >
> > My hal config works fine, but I worry about anyone that might have
> > to look
> > at it after me, or even if I have to look at it again after a year
> > or two.
> >
> > Apologies if this has come up before, I did a bit of light googling
> > and didn't find much on the topic.
> >
> > -Dave

 - Louis D. Brandeis