On Thursday 14 May 2020 21:15:26 Dan Henderson wrote:

> I’ll do one better by attaching the Chinglish manual. Attached
> Thanks Gene.
> [image: Word Document]
> New type V5 CNC_Interface_Board_LV2.doc
> <https://docs.google.com/file/d/1OrXTQqagTbbqc6apSssPUhvJ2ybSGbyW/edit
>?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword>
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:58 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 May 2020 20:30:58 Dan Henderson wrote:
> > > Hello everyone, I have a simple question for you. I’m testing the
> > > ability to trip a simple 5v relay with an output pin from a 5 axis
> > > BOB and don’t seem to be having any luck. I have
> > > motion-spindle-reverse mapped to the output pin (04). Was
> > > expecting an M4 to go high on the mapped pin and trigger the
> > > external relay. I have 5v+, 5v-, and pin 4 wired to the relay
> > > input side. What have I done wrong here?

Acc those drawings, the relay is controlled by pin 14's logic output.
So your use of pin 4 is not getting anywhere near the relays coil.  That
is the first thing you need to change/fix.  The next question then
becomes, what sort of a spindle controller are you using? To "do it
right" often demands a controller made to be remote controlled, and TBT
if considering the re-use of the controller that came with a treadmill
motor, its lack of finesse at being controlled is going to expose you to
both dangerous voltages and a difficulty in adequately controlling it
thats just not worth it.  So what is the motor you wish to control? And
what controller will you be using?

There are available ways to do it that are designed to be controlled.
But because there are also as many motor styles there are also
controllers made for each style of motor.  But they can't be mixed and
miss-matched.

[...]

Stay well and safe, Dan.

 - Louis D. Brandeis