On Thu, 21 May 2020, Peter C. Wallace wrote:

Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 07:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Linuxcnc servo problem

Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 14:01:04 +0200
From: "[UTF-8] Horv?th Csaba" <hcs....@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] Linuxcnc servo problem

Hi,

I have the following problem:

Linuxcnc 2.9 pre xxx

MESA 7i90HD + 7i33 + 3 analog servo (ELMO ISP)

If I am running a code and I press ESC button to stop the execute, then after pressing the button, the axes move again for approx. 15-20 mm.

The enable signal is not removed from the servo drives, so in principle they should hold a position.

What could be the problem?

Regards, Csaba

Yow! thats a fairly nasty bug...

I can duplicate it here with master but not with 2.8

Master: esc in axis results in a random move command
(I hade a large -z move!)

in 2.8 esc just stops motion (feedrate set to 0)
in master you get a random move and feedrate is unchanged

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

Just rebuilt master and it seems to be fixed (feedrate set to 0 by esc)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics