On 06/19/2020 10:03 PM, Ken Strauss wrote:

Obviously I'm not contemplating threading at 10K RPM! However, I'd like to
leave the encoder installed at all times which is why I'm concerning about
it surviving at high RPM. Suggestion for a cheap gear tooth sensor?
I have a little article on my web site :
http://pico-systems.com/bridge_spindle.html

The sensor is the Allegro ATS667LSGTN-T It senses the passage of the tooth in front of the sensor, so it gives a nice 50% duty cycle over a wide speed range and different tooth pitch. I get these from Digi-Key for about $8 each.

Jon