Possible.  In either case, I don't believe it's a good idea to mix regular
Ethernet traffic with Real Time Machine control traffic.  Think of the 7i92
ethernet link as a dedicated serial port connection no different than say an
SPI port or even Ethercat (I know very little about that).

For example I would use CAN bus for controlling relays, tool changers, pick and
place, punches, even press and shear operations etc.   But I wouldn't use it
for real time closed loop motor control. It wasn't designed for that.

Keep the real time part separate from the user interface part.

John Dammeyer