On 07/22/2020 01:17 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

The launch of linuxcnc on the pi is without any motor power until the F2
button is pushed.  So at launch time I get messages about the z drive
being tripped.

So I need a 1 or 2 second delay before that bit is sent on thru, but
instant transmission once timed out, giving the driver a chance to get
all its stuff in one sock from the powerup enabled by the F2 key. I want
to block any noise during the powerup surge.

OK, so your drives indicate fault status when disabled? Yes, a lot of older drives (Copley, Westamp, Servo Dynamics) do this. I made up a module with an optocoupler, a CMOS NAND gate and some RC delays to do this. The servo amps usually take a 5 V ENABLE/. When the ENABLE/ is high, the circuit closes the E-stop loop by turning the optocoupler on. When ENABLE/ goes low, it continues to do this for about a second, then allows the servo amp's FAULT output to control the opto.

Jon