On 9/7/20 2:48 PM, N wrote:
On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 at 20:20, N <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
First thing I noticed then reading about cutter compensation is some use
G41,G42 while Linuxcnc use G42,G43 for different side of cutter.
I don't think so. G43 is cutter _length_ compensation.
Yes reading again, work to long days and are probably to tired, don't know why
I mixed them up. Though still got some confusing movements.

Make your last Z move above Z0 or have the cutter well clear before you cancel cutter comp. The next move after cancelling will move the effective cutting line back to the center of the cutter, if it is near to a surface it may clip it on the way.

Ed.