Hello

Comparing 2 scope traces could be handy.

I had a few techs working for me in a cnc repair situation.

We all used tek scopes and had 'screen savers' that actually saved the source code to recreate screen

These 'screenshots' could be reloaded  on a 'channel' and compared to a real live channel.

( there are many related ideas on web like

http://techforcurious.website/how-to-save-data-from-oscilloscope-using-python-in-linux/ )

So I would give the techs some 'screenshots' as :

    This is what it should look like"

and they would attach

    This is what I got"

to thier reports.

This is very basic trouble shooting...

    the difference between WhatYouWant and WhatYouGot.

Tweaking a pot or param untill the 2 pictures agree is intuitive.

HalScope reloading as an overlay/onion-skin could be handy

my 2c

TomP