I noticed I can (in stepconf,  which I shouldn't use of course...)

That I can use the limit switches as 'home'  for an axis only.

Unless I am understanding this wrong,  I figured  an axis would travel there  and when it hits it thinks "I am home"  ?

I see one axis move in the beginning of "homing"  very slow (VERY slow)..  and the wrong direction

Is that the route I want to g?   I would  like the functionality of..   "click home button"   and it moves to the home location.

thanks,

Ron