On 11/14/20 12:25 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 23:43, R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

btw:  where can I find that "Python remap" for the canned G71 and G72 g
codes?
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/andypugh/g71type2remap/configs/sim/axis/g71
For the remap files and a sample .ini with the requisite additions.

I created a configurtion to 'play' with and see if I can install that remap;  it looks like I am missing a module or something?

rocr@cnc:~/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71$ linuxcnc /home/rocr/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71/LinuxCNC-G71.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.7.15
Machine configuration directory is '/home/rocr/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71'
Machine configuration file is 'LinuxCNC-G71.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./LinuxCNC-G71.hal
Note: Using POSIX realtime
config string '1 out'
Found file(REL): ./custom.hal
initialize: module '/home/rocr/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71/python/toplevel.py' init failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/home/rocr/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71/python/toplevel.py", line 19, in <module>
    import remap

  File "./python/remap.py", line 6, in <module>
    from stdglue import cycle_prolog, cycle_epilog, init_stdglue

ImportError: No module named stdglue

Interp ctor: cant instantiate Python plugin
initialize: module '/home/rocr/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71/python/toplevel.py' init failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/home/rocr/linuxcnc/configs/LinuxCNC-G71/python/toplevel.py", line 19, in <module>
    import remap

  File "./python/remap.py", line 6, in <module>
    from stdglue import cycle_prolog, cycle_epilog, init_stdglue

ImportError: No module named stdglue

Python plugin configure() failed, status = -11
Python plugin required for python=, but not available: 56:REMAP = G71 argspec=pdrjiklfst  python=g71 epilog=cycle_epilog modalgroup=1 Python plugin required for epilog=, but not available: 56:REMAP = G71 argspec=pdrjiklfst  python=g71 epilog=cycle_epilog modalgroup=1

emc/task/emctaskmain.cc 3017: can't initialize interpreter
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
A configuration error is preventing LinuxCNC from starting.
More information may be available when running from a terminal.
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Note: Using POSIX realtime
LinuxCNC terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the log:
    /home/rocr/linuxcnc_debug.txt
and
    /home/rocr/linuxcnc_print.txt
as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/andypugh/g71type2remap/docs/src/gcode/g-code.txt#g71-lathe-roughing-cycle-turning

For the docs for _that_version_ of G71. Note that the letter
allocations are different in the version that is in master / 2.9