On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 at 20:59, Alan Condit <condit.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, when I read the instructions on G38.2 it talks about the switch
> opening. Can I invert the probe signal and use it for switch closing?

Where are you reading? The G38 docs don't talk about opening or
closing, they talk about contact and loss of contact:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gcode/g-code.html#gcode:g38

The HAL pin probe-in should go high on contact. How that is achieved
electrically and HALogically is implementation dependent.

--
atp
lunatics."