Hi All,

I’m sure there’s a simple answer for my question, but I haven’t been able to
figure it out.  Currently the configuration for the spindle forward and reverse
outputs is as follows:

# connect spindle fwd/rev to I/O controller
net SpindleFwd <= ppmc.2.dout.00.out
net SpindleFwd => spindle.0.forward
net SpindleRev <= ppmc.2.dout.01.out
net SpindleRev => spindle.0.reverse

I would like to selectively reverse direction depending on whether a backgear
input switch is triggered.  I see there is a gearchange component but I’m not
clear on how to utilize it.  Does the gearchange component translate to the pin
assignments for spindle.0.forward and spindle.0.reverse?  Don’t I need some
additional logic?  The goal is to have logic like so:

if (backgear == TRUE) {
        net SpindleFwd <= ppmc.2.dout.00.out
        net SpindleFwd => spindle.0.forward
        net SpindleRev <= ppmc.2.dout.01.out
        net SpindleRev => spindle.0.reverse
} else {
        net SpindleFwd <= ppmc.2.dout.01.out
        net SpindleFwd => spindle.0.forward
        net SpindleRev <= ppmc.2.dout.00.out
        net SpindleRev => spindle.0.reverse
}

As you can see, the only change is that I’m swapping which output is assigned
to spindle.0.forward and spindle.0.reverse.

Thanks,
Matt