Quick question.

There's a multi-axis operation in progress.  For whatever reason one of the
servos throws out a fault and of course stops.

Should just the enables to the other servo drives be removed or should power be
cut to all drives.

I'm not really in favour of dropping out power because that would mean you also
lose the ability to easily recover.  The other drives and spindle were working
so you really just want them stopped and things like coolant shut off.

This isn't the same as an ESTOP which does remove all power that could result
in motion.  Low voltage control and PC are left running.

For my PMDX-126 BoB my faults are consolidated and brings the PMDX /FAULT input
low.  That disables the ChargePump which in turn disables all outputs including
the enable to all the drive.  And the orange button beside the red one on the
user screen goes greyed out.

After 4 seconds the /FAULT input is once again brought high (inactive) and now
the orange ENABLE button on the screen (or F2) can be clicked which then
asserts the ENABLE output to the drives and allows hardware to be controlled
again.

For my servos taking the ENABLE signal FALSE and then TRUE resets the FAULT
condition.   If the fault is still there then the /FAULT is brought low again.
Etc...

What do other systems (including commercial) do when a drive faults on one axis.

John