On Monday 08 March 2021 00:40:13 Nathan Hartman wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 12:11 AM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I guess I'm one of the guys that grew up reading the printed word,
> > and to this day I grasp a howto 10 times better by reading it on
> > paper.
> >
> > So, how is the best way to get a paper copy of a man page, since man
> > doesn't seem to have the ability to redirect its screen output to a
>
> I've never done it myself but the following pages offer a few
> different ways, including piping them through some programs on the way
> to the printer or converting them to text, html, postscript, and pdf,
> from which formats they can be printed as well:
>
> https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-print-out-a-linux-man-or-info-
>page.html
>
> https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=597697&seqNum=6
>
> https://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=430844&seqNum=2
>
> That last one mentioned html which reminded me that many Linux man
> pages are online in HTML format and it might just be easier to
> navigate over to one of the websites that has them and print them from
> your web browser. Here are a few:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
>
> https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/
>
> https://linux.die.net/man/

Its the man page for linuxcnc's pid module that I want a hard copy of.
I'll have to look and see if they have it. It has more pins of i/o than
most pid diagrams I've seen on the net.

Humm, ISTR my rpi4 building master is making html docs too. It is, and it
ain't.  Its building them, but not packaging them in a deb. I looked at
man 9 pid9.html, looks like exactly what I need.

Thanks for the idea seed, Nathan.

> There are also the DistroWatch simplified man pages:
>
> https://distrowatch.com/dwres-mobile.php?resource=man-pages
>
> Hope that helps,
> Nathan

 - Louis D. Brandeis