Hey everyone just a quick reply here.
Jon yep I have a braking resistor.

So I have the spindle accel and decel running through a limit component.
 Constraining rate of change.

Which works quiet nice.

And I am have a custom m code that increases rate of ramp when rigid
tapping.   So I can do nice high speed ramping with low overshoot.  I get
about half a turn of overshoot max.

Still need to automate changing ramp

So any ideas on what is the best way are welcome.

Options I know of are bash script or owords subs.   Or maybe python

Regards

Andrew