On Monday 07 June 2021 10:06:11 andy pugh wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 14:54, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Can you narrow it down to python-2 or python-3, 3.7 TBE for a buster
> > based install on wintel hdwe?  Or does apt have a utility to find
> > it?
>
> The first place I would look would be in camview.py
>
> But I have no idea where you got your camview from?
Well, in my efforts to find it, I probably fubared it.
I finally ended up installing both python-opencv and python-3-opencv, the
even ran sudo python XamPY_setup.py again.

Now I get more verbosity but the same emd result:
===
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 50, in <module>
    import gladevcp.makepins
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gladevcp/__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
    from .hal_pythonplugin import *
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gladevcp/hal_pythonplugin.py",
line 1, in <module>
    from camview import CamView
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'camview'
===

So since I knew the cameera works with cheese on another identical
machine, I installed cheese on this one which pulled in around 50 other
dependencies, And it works with cheese.
===
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 50, in <module>
    import gladevcp.makepins
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gladevcp/__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
    from .hal_pythonplugin import *
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gladevcp/hal_pythonplugin.py",
line 1, in <module>
    from camview import CamView
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'camview'
===
Looks the same to me. ???

And linuxcnc -l runs.
Both python and python3 versions of opencv are installed, is this bad? Or
should we fix the pythob-3 error somehow since python-2 is going away
shortly? As in no more in bullseye.

This seems to be a really good camera, and I'd love to be able to use it
with linuxcnc. Good definition, full color, spindle mounted, parallax &
focus adjustable.

 - Louis D. Brandeis