On 2021-06-24 17:29, John Dammeyer wrote:

Anyway, for now the Shuttle is back on the MACH3 based CNC router
where it's currently in use carving up MDF so I can't borrow it back
for a few days.

I have the Shuttle (not the Express, but the other one with the extra buttons etc).
It works a treat in Mach3 and is really useful.
It doesn't work in LinuxCNC, which is a right pain. Some years ago I tried that driver on the basis that it might at least give some functionality, but no; it doesn't want to play ball. It was suggested that this model may not behave in quite the same way as the Express, but I can't say one way or the other, and never had the time to try to find out. At the time, I could find no information from the manufacturers, and they were not interested in supplying a driver. I feel your frustration... especially given the price of these things, and the fact that it works so well in MACH3, which I don't run much these days.

Marcus