If you have a standard off the shelf FFF/FDM or SLA/DLP/mSLA printer then you are pretty much stuck with the limited slicer options. Most phone home or for  SLA/DLP/mSLA only output a proprietary format.

I have a printer controller running nanDLP that we have isolated on the network. The software keeps track of everything you do with it and tries to phone home.

I use Slic3r and bunch of scripts to run my printers with LCNC. That is why I'm working on my own CAM for machining as well as multi-tech hybrid printers. The closed stuff (CAM and Slicers) doesn't even cut it for anything that is not considered standard.