I think maybe the fan does not turn on until it needs to be on.  There
could be a temperature sensor.  If the unit is not warmth it
makes sense that the fan is off

Is the fan 2, 3, or 4 wires?  If 3 or 4 then this means one wire is a
tachometer used for speed feedback, and they would not have that if the fan
speed was not controlled

Finally, check the voltage on thefan motor,  If this is a 12 volt fan and
there is 12 volts and the fan is not moving then the fan is broken.    But
if there is something like 3 volts then the fan controller has decided no
cooling is needed.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 12:35 PM Alan Condit <condit.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> The unit doesn’t seem to be warm.
> I adjusted the voltage down to 42 volts, to provide some headroom. I am
> using KL5056 stepper drivers and they say max 50 volts. There is definitely
> power to the fan because if I try to turn it it snaps back to the fixed
> position. The voltage is rock steady at 42 volts.
>
> I wonder if it is just the fan or fan controller that is bad.
>
> I bought the power supply a year or so ago but this is the first time I
> have applied power to it. Maybe I will have to open it up and see if I
> could replace the fan.
>
> Alan
>

> > From: Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Meanwell SE600-48 Power Supply
> > Date: July 15, 2021 at 12:21:10 PM CDT
> > To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> >

> > If you place your hand on the power supply and feel no heat, then I'd
> > expect the fan to be off.
> >
> > I some a good size power resistors mounted to a heat sink with a fan
> that I
> > used for testing power supplies.  Testing with no dummy load is not very
> > meaningful.   The load is set up so it can be quickly rewired with
> > resistors in series or parallel in different ways using a terminal block.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:19 AM Alan Condit <condit.a...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I am building a new controller cabinet. I installed a Meanwell SE600-48
> >> power supply. When I turn on the power supply the fan doesn’t turn on.
> If I
> >> leave the power supply on for a little while I hear an intermittent
> >> clicking (like a relay) but no fan. Does it have some kind of
> temperature
> >> control on the fan? Is it not turning on because I currently have
> virtually
> >> no load on the power supply?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Alan