John,

Thanks for the info so it looks like the Mesa Smart Serial interface can be
used with this drive. If I understand correctly the SSERIAL interface comes
from one of the mesa FPGA I/O cards and connects to the STMBL drive. (I
mean that is one way to interface to the STMBL drive). Otherwise a step and
direction or a quadrature input would be used with the STMBL drive.