Peter I agree on the semiens control using Linux

I had to laugh awhile ago.

I booted up a brand new semiens control and saw the Linux boot up on the
screen.  Those boys are using Linuxcnc pretty much under the hood.

And I also know that haas next gen control is built from Linuxcnc.  They
improved it and built a fancy ui.  But it's Linux under the hood.

I think haas control is written on java I saw someone talking about it once
who was familiar with under the hood in the code.

Chris has many valid points.  But for those of us that retrofit big old cnc
machines Linuxcnc is pretty awesome and perfect.

It needs a few things (mainly a jerk control algorithm). And tool
Management stuff.  More work offsets etc.

But all you developers thank you so much!!

I love Linuxcnc and my whole business is built around it.  And I make lots
of parts as a machine shop.

Biggest machine is a 6.5m travel cnc router.

And I have 2 VMCs.  2 routers. And 1 cnc lathe.

Everything runs Linuxcnc.  And at 25 years old there is no way I could ever
afford all these machines without Linuxcnc.