https://www.amazon.ca/ER-32UM-Spanner-Precision-Milling-Clamping/dp/B089RXC7K1
ca$18.50 delivered tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
Sent: January 12, 2022 3:48 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] ER-32 Collet Wrench

So my Collet chuck arrived a week or so ago.  Today the ER-32 collet set
arrived.  I no longer have an excuse for not completing my 4th axis driven by a
real harmonic drive.  (Well it is raining and can't cast).  So I have drawn up
the face plate adaptor and that looks to be a pretty easy LCNC project for the
mill plus a bit of lathe work.

However, I foolishly did not order a collet wrench.  This seems to overall be a
pretty easy CNC project with the exception of the 'teeth' that engage the
collet.  I suppose I could mill out the profiles in some oil hardening steel,
then file the teeth to have straight edges.  Finally harden it.

Alternatively make it out of 1/4" or so steel plate (or even aluminium) and
drill and tap holes for screws to protrude out where the teeth are.  Turn down
the screw ends to be smooth or even square and lock the screws in place.

Looking for suggestions here.  Don't really want to wait 2 months for one
wrench with either low price and horrendous shipping or high price and low
shipping.  Cost ends up being the same at about $28.

Thanks,
John