Known good part obscures the problem of shrinkage unless you want them to take your known good and scale it for shrinkage which they will do at $$/hr. ;-) Working from their shrink % will allow you to do the sizing and that make it simple for them. A foundry 100 mi or so from me and out in the boonies was using house insulation foam for patterns but that generated a lot of plain carbon smoke so I don't know if they do that anymore.
Good luck with your part however you do it.

Dave