Yes, "Mini ITX" is just a shape and a standard for where mounting holes go
but it is a shape that is sold to a cost-sensitive market where low power
ususage and low cost maters.  The ITX market is large enough that mass
production drives prices down.  So it is a good fit to hobby-level machine
control.   I would think a good place to look as Aliexpress as most of this
stuff ships from China at very low cost.

If you are never going to use the computer as an interactive desktop you
could use a Raspberry Pi4.    Then use any standard PC notebook to remote
log-in and run the display from the notebook over WiFi.   A Pi4 is 1/2 the
cost of the cheapest ITX board.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 5:57 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 at 03:04, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Its just kinda hard to ship to New Zealand from UK.
> > Anyone got a oceania source or asia
>
> Mini-itx is just a motherboard standard.
>
> mini-itx.com just happens to be a UK supplier. I often suggest using
> their board finder, but then you can hopefully find a local supplier.
>
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California