Apple Magic Trackpad 2 used as a USB-connected device.  It is by far the
best trackpad on the market.   You can unplug the USB cable to use it
wirelessly, but in Linux, the battery power is not managed and runs down
quickly.

The Apple trackpad is sturdy as it is made from solid aluminum and the
surface is glass, not plastic.  It costs more than the all-plastic
trackpads but works better.  Using textured glass as the surface was a very
good idea.  Apple got the balance between friction and smoothness perfect.

But do get the one with the USB cable.  The older model was wireless only
and Linux does not know how to power-manage it

The only other touchscreen I've used is my iPad.  I can share the Linux
screen to the iPad and then use touch interface in place of a mouse.   It
works.

You can buy a 14" touch screen monitor for about $300.   That would seem le
the ideal solution.   Smaller one are under $100.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 1:44 PM Ed <ate...@mwt.net> wrote:

> Title says most of it. For most commands I use the keyboard for the
> speed but changing the tooltable and a couple of other things I like to
> use a touchpad. Mouse works OK if you have the room and do not have
> chips landing there. The touchpads I have now are getting obsolete,
> round plug and even RS232. Anyone have a favorite? Wired or wireless is
> fine.
>

> Thanks, Ed.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California