Big Howdy to the Group:
    Our 501, C-19 non-profit, veteransinitiatives.org, is a small school,
composed of MilVets who have defended this priceless Nation.
    Our backrouinds include : Machining, Founding, Patternmaking,
Metallurgy, Physical Chemistry, Heat Treat, Ceramics: a bunch of reprobate
motor-heads, hot-rodders & gear-heads, who remain convinced, even in our
advanced state of degradation, that we shall continue our mfg school to
place our warriors in our Nation's mfg sector.
    We purchased one of these splendid, STG motion boards some years ago to
update the control of a 12klb, 1978, 4-axis Monarch VMC; worked like a
champ!
    This STG board was capable of 8-Axis with a servo update time of 1 ms.
we retained the original thyristor amplifier which could output ~400 A &
300 V on start-up. the worktable capacity was ~1600lbs!  our for-profit
side regularly whittled out SAE- 4000 series steels for industry.
    We sold that VMC to some DisAbled American Veterans (DAV's) we had
trained in our NP & started farming-out work to them, mostly DoD forgings &
castings.
    We are now primarily a non-profit helping our warriors find meaningful
employment in our Nation to bring mfg back to the USofA.
    Now we find that the STG firm went out of biz, with the un-fortunate
death of its inventor & mfg. now whattarwegonnado?

    We got us 2 plans: purchase several used  STG boards to continue
teaching digital control & machine tool rebuilding to our most deserving
citizen, our DAV's. we have also interviewed some ambulatory paralyzed
veterans (PVA's) to join in.
    The other crazed choice, is to start mfg the STG board from scratch.
some of our volunteers have experience in industry mfg circuit boards. we
could whittle-out frames to silk screen the traces & set up one of our
small mills to NC the holes.
    We have mfg about 50 small circuit cards for the thyristor amps. these
control the beefy thyristors: zero-crossing detector, gate control,
switching, BEMF damping & small-signal routing when reversing the axis
(S-curves on start-up & when approaching the end of axis & corners).
    Some of the EMC crew out there may have some suggestions on another
control board (or combination of control cards) we could mfg.

    We are committed to mfg a motion control system. just think of what our
warriors could learn in this esoteric atmosphere; consider their employment
choices!

    We hope to hear from you EMC, LINUX.org & CNC.org participants in this
technical worthy endeavor.

                                             May God protect our valiant
warriors,

                                                                don anders