On 11/11/22 03:58, andy pugh wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 at 07:53, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

No option 'mainwindow_geometry' in section: 'SCREEN_OPTIONS'
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: line 963:  3628 Segmentation fault      $EMCDISPLAY
-ini "$INIFILE" $EMCDISPLAYARGS $EXTRA_ARGS

linuxcnc line 963 is (probably) "case $EMCDISPLAY in " which seems like an
odd place to segfault, so presumably that is just wehere it was a the time.

Running the same config on my machine it all looks much the same until "No
option 'mainwindow_geometry' in section: 'SCREEN_OPTIONS'" at which point
the output stops and the UI appears.

This is looking like possibly a display driver problem. Do _any_ of the QT
sims work?

I've tried several ending wth qtaxis and tester, with pretty much the same results, so I'd have to say no.

Looking with synaptic, not a lot of qt stuff has been installed. Maybe 5% of it. Is there a meta package that will pull in what I need?

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis