From: gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
Sent: December 18, 2022 12:50 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] Sharpening teeny drill bits

Greetings all;

As many of you know a drill Dr is the bees knees, for drill bits above 6 or
so mm, but a disaster for smaller bits due to the tolerances of the stamped
and plastic chuck giving you lop sided grinding. AKA BIGGER holes.

So, what jig or machine do you all use to sharpen drill bits in the below
5mm categories? Or should I gently spiral down a 1/16" SC mill, but that
runs out of DOC long before it reaches thru a 20mm square CF tube. I've
about 35 such holes to drill in 1mm thick wall CF, 8 of which need to go all
the way thru both sides of the tube. Those will all be thread clearance for
3mm screws, but 8 of them will need to be for a
3mmx.5 tap, in 4.1mm thick alu. CF will no doubt be hell on drill bits, so
it (or they) will need resharpened frequently I expect.

Thank you, stay warm and well everybody.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis