You can make really good printed timing belt pulleys.  Download the CAD
model from one of the pulley distributors and in CAD, cut big hole about 30
mm diameter.  Print the ring.    Then turn a 30 mm steel disk and epoxy the
steel disk in the hole.  You get a steel hub (that will hold set screws)
and plastic teeth that would be very hard to make in metal.   Even plastic
teeth are shared then rubber belts so they last a long time.

After printing the ring, I trued it up with a boring bar. to make a perfect
fit over the steel hub.  If you try to print the entire gear, always the
hubs fail and the gear spins on the shaft.  Bt the plastic never spins on
the 30 mm disk.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California