Sure - Maybe if it was made out of steel - the area is so tight that there
isn't much room around the ball nut.

The green machine that I am using to cut this has just what you say.
(obviously a lot more room)

https://electronicsam.com/images/greenmachine/20180903_154610.jpg

But what fun would that be?  ;)

This is a nice press fit.  it turned out better than I thought it would.
Now I just can't screw up the rest of the machining...  :)

sam