On Mon, 3 Jul 2023, Alan Condit via Emc-users wrote:

Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 13:25:29 -0500
From: Alan Condit via Emc-users <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
To: EMC-Users <Emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Alan Condit <condit.a...@icloud.com>
Subject: [Emc-users] Wiring Step Dir on KM5056E

I am in the process of wiring up a new controller for RPi4 using 7c81 and 7i76.
In the process of doing so, I discovered that I had wired my controller for my
PCBMill with a 7i76E Step+ to KM5056E Pulse-, Step- to KM5056E Pulse+, Dir+ to
KM5056E Dir-, and Dir- to KM5056 Dir+.
It seems to run fine but, if I correct the connections Step+ to Pulse+, Step- to Pulse-, Dir+ to Dir+ and Dir- to Dir- what will happen. I don??t really want to break something that works.

Thanks in Advance,
Alan

If it works now and the timings were correct,
it should make no difference.

You would end up with longer active step pulse times
with inverted step polarity, though you may violate
the direction hold time if the hold time is set short
relative to the step pulse length.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics