Today’s best practice is to put the code into version control in Git as soon as
you have written the first few lines of code, long before you have even started
testing it.

Github is not for distributing finished projects.  It is a public version
control system.     So if you have something and you want to ask “Why does this
not work” placing it on GitHub is a reasonable thing to do.