I ran PNCconf for a new configuration this time specifying gmoccapy still using
the 7i92 as the Ethernet link.  For some reason it fails to talk to the 7i92
but what's interesting is it generated the need for EMBED_TAB and the COMMAND.

DISPLAY = gmoccapy
EMBED_TAB_NAME = Center_panel
EMBED_TAB_LOCATION = ntb_preview
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = gladevcp -c gladevcp  -H gvcp_call_list.hal -x {XID}
gvcp-panel.ui
POSITION_OFFSET = RELATIVE
POSITION_FEEDBACK = ACTUAL

Mine doesn't have that.

[DISPLAY]
# DISPLAY = axis
DISPLAY = gmoccapy
POSITION_OFFSET = RELATIVE
POSITION_FEEDBACK = ACTUAL

And the gvcp_call_list.hal has an include for gvcp_options.hal which has
# **** Setup of spindle speed display using gladevcp ****

net spindle-fb-rpm-abs-filtered       =>   gladevcp.spindle-speed
net spindle-at-speed        =>    gladevcp.spindle-at-speed-led
# **** Setup GLADE MDI buttons ****
net machine-is-on          =>    gladevcp.button-box-active

I'm guessing at this point that changing user interface isn't as easy as just
switching which screen set.  Instead it looks like I have to start over to
first get something that actually launches more than just the Spindle Speed
window which then vanishes and is replaced with the error list.

John